Fast Fix Friday // Organizing Appliance Cords

How can velcro help in organizing appliance cords? This simple 5 minute project will have your appliance cords organized easily!

My husband asked me if I was running out of things to organize when he saw this project. First, did he really think I was going to run out of things to organize? But in all seriousness, I hate the way cords tend to get in the way.

This quick and easy Fast Fix Friday simply requires a ‘cordy’ appliance and velcro! (I used this one, which comes in white OR black and can be easily cut to fit perfectly.)

Make sure your appliance is clean before attaching any velcro on it. I just spray a little all purpose cleaner and wipe off with a paper towel.

Then wrap the cord around the appliance as you normally would. Add a piece of velcro on to the plug-in and the other to the appliance, avoiding any spots that could be warm when plugged in.

Note that I only use velcro on appliances that heat up IF there’s a part of the appliance that stays cool while plugged in (such as my curlers).  I get nervous that the velcro may start on fire, so I skip this for things like my crock pot and straightener.

May tangled cord now be a thing of your past!

Some of the links in this list are affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any extra, but I earn a little commission if you decide to purchase. Regardless of whether or not I receive a commission, I only recommend products that I personally use and genuinely recommend!

1. Sally
    November 1, 2015 / 9:36 am

What a great and easy idea! I just found your blog and really like it!

2. Allie
    November 1, 2015 / 11:12 am

I have a magic bullet too and HATE the long cord! I’m definitely going to try this!

3. November 3, 2015 / 10:02 am

Nice tips. They always look so much nicer organized. Thanks for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays linky party. Hope you’ll join us again this Friday. 🙂

4. November 4, 2015 / 6:16 am

This idea is so simple! Why didn’t I think of that? I love it! Thanks for sharing with the Wednesday Showcase!

5. November 4, 2015 / 8:04 am

Ok, we are on the same time today on these link parties!

Love the cord idea. Those things are always getting in the way!

Enjoying your blog. Found this post on Raising Homemakers.

Blessings,
    Melanie

6. November 4, 2015 / 8:48 am

That’s what my mom does, too. I guess I need to jump on the bandwagon. 😉 Thanks for sharing this tip at Savoring Saturdays! 🙂

7. November 6, 2015 / 11:51 am

Awesome ideas! 🙂 I always have a hard time with cords! Thank you for sharing this with us at #SaucySaturdays!

8. November 9, 2015 / 10:17 am

I love this idea!! How quick, easy and straightforward is that? Sorry I am late! Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x

9. November 10, 2015 / 6:56 am

Great Tip! Never thought of velcro! Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite Things on Thursday! Hope to see you again!! Pinned!

10. December 26, 2015 / 6:14 am

Definitely one of those, “why didn’t I think of that” ideas. Thanks. I recently used Velcro to keep the sensor stuck in place to the top of the tv (still have an old analog set)

December 30, 2015 / 10:48 am

I was thinking the same! Why did it take me so long to think of this??? Brilliant idea for the TV!