Fast Fix Friday // Streak Free Window Cleaner

Quick and easy homemade streak free window cleaner, just two ingredients! No more expensive name brands when you can make it yourself!Because this Fast Fix Friday is SO fast, there’s two today!

Homemade Streak Free Window Cleaner AND an All-Purpose Cleaner

I like these not only because it’s so easy & cheap, but also I LOVE the idea of matching labeled spray bottles instead of different shaped ones regular cleaning sprays come in (more on that at the end of the post).

Streak Free Window Cleaner

• 2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp. blue Dawn dish soap (I’ve used other kinds, but Dawn seems to work the best!)

All Purpose Cleaning Spray

• 2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp Borax natural detergent (find this at your local grocery store in the laundry aisle)

For both recipes combine the ingredients in a spray bottle and shake to mix.

Now on to my favorite part: matching bottles & labels.

I found these spray bottles on Amazon and really liked them. They’re sturdier than the typical spray bottle. The tall and narrow design fits under my sink better than traditional bulkier odd shaped sizes. You could put any type of labels on these bottles, but I prefer these waterproof ones. Now I question whether these would last if I submerged in to water, but I can tell that they’re made of a stronger more ‘plastic-y’ material. I’ve used them daily (well… maybe 🙂 ) for over a year and the labels still look like new.

Now there’s no excuse not to clean the windows!

Quick and easy homemade streak free window cleaner, just two ingredients! No more expensive name brands when you can make it yourself!Some of the links in this list are affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any extra, but I earn a little commission if you decide to purchase. Regardless of whether or not I receive a commission, I only recommend products that I personally use and genuinely recommend!

1. November 7, 2015 / 8:07 pm

I grew up with the vinegar mix for windows but haven’t used the borax/lemon one for all-purpose. Have to try it!

Laura

2. November 8, 2015 / 10:27 am

Thanks for the recipes! I’m trying to replace my cleaning products with DIY versions as I run out of store bought products. Thanks for sharing on the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!

3. November 9, 2015 / 7:50 pm

Will have to give these a try!!

Found this at Tips and Tricks Linky Party

4. November 10, 2015 / 1:22 am

Love these! Will definitely come in handy! Pinned them too for later, Thanks for sharing #allaboutyou

5. November 10, 2015 / 9:37 am

These are great! I love saving money on cleaning products like this

6. November 10, 2015 / 4:32 pm

Nice! I love the simplicity of this recipe. I have been using essential oils and vinegar to clean lately and love it, but these recipes are great! Pinning. Thanks for sharing at Wonderful Wednesday!

7. November 11, 2015 / 3:25 am

Love this! I just ordered some bottles off amazon and I am officially moving to all self-made cleaners!!!

8. November 11, 2015 / 4:52 pm

I’ve been making floor cleaner from scratch for awhile now and always hated using harsh windex for windows. I don’t know why I never thought of finding a recipe for window cleaner! Thanks so much for posting this, I’ll be making up a batch soon 🙂

9. November 22, 2015 / 6:05 am

Great tips, I’ve been using natural cleaners this last month and have loved it. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup last week. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you joined us again this weekend.

November 29, 2015 / 10:04 pm

I try to make it every weekend! LOVE your parties!

10. Sharon Runyon
    January 14, 2016 / 2:16 am

This Stuff is AMAZING! I had to check to see if I had glass in one window it was so clean. I was just blown away! My daughter tried it as well and thought the same thing but didn’t like the smell. Do you know if any scent’s could be added?

Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

January 23, 2016 / 7:44 pm

So glad you like it! Been using it for years! I’ve never actually added scents, but I think it would work! Just not TOO much. Try a little at a time, depending on what you’re using it could impact the ‘streak free’ part. One of my girlfriends does add essential oils in to hers and hasn’t had any problems!