The Most Popular Party Appetizer

Anytime I bring a homemade food item over to a party, I panic that no one is going to eat it. In fact, I’m typically the one having 5 servings of my dish just to make it appear popular (and edible).

On the contrary, one of my best friends Alison is a not only a natural host but an amazing cook as well. She makes it all appear effortless as she’s opening her oven pulling out something amazing right as the guests arrive. And to top it off her husband makes the best cocktails. They’re literally the most perfect party hosting couple ever.

Meanwhile at my house before a party I’m running around like crazy, unnecessarily cleaning areas that guests will never see, making Joe fix my destroyed concoction in the oven, and likely with a glass of wine to calm my nerves.

I asked Alison to share her recipe for her famous bacon wrap appetizers. This is probably my favorite party appetizer ever especially because it’s so simple to make!

INGREDIENTS

• Bacon
  • Whole water chestnuts
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup hot sauce
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • Toothpicks

My most popular party appetizer is also amazingly easy and only needs a couple of ingredients. Whip it up in no time for your next party!INGREDIENTS

Cut bacon strips in half, roll chestnuts in bacon and secure with toothpick. Place on a  cookie sheet (with a lip for grease) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hour until bacon is crisp.

Mix  mayonnaise, brown sugar and hot sauce. Pour over cooked wraps!

May you appetizer be so popular that you never have to chow down on it again!

This post was featured in: A Creative Princess, Skip the Housework, Hearts for Home, Show Off & Five Friday Finds!

1. November 10, 2015 / 10:46 am

These do sound very tasty! I will have to give them a try. Thank you!

2. Aparla
    November 10, 2015 / 11:23 am

Hey Lindsay,
    Thanks for the shout out! Hey, it wouldn’t be a party for my girls without rounds of Cosmos and famous Cari-tinis (you can do a separate post on that recipe later. ) Tell your followers that dates can also be substituted for the water chestnuts. Oh! I think I just told them! Miss you and Joe!

3. November 11, 2015 / 2:01 pm

Bacon’s not my thing, but I know a couple people who would have these gone in minutes! I’ll have to try them out – Thanks! 🙂

4. November 11, 2015 / 3:27 pm

Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are our most popular part appetizer, too! We make them every holiday and people go totally crazy for them. So delicious 😀

5. Susan
    November 12, 2015 / 7:10 am

I make these too, but just a little differently. I use the pre-cooked bacon and just cook them for about 1/2 hour. Then I dip each app into the sauce, and bake another 15-20 minutes. They get glazed and are absolutely scrumptious! AND, my daughter just called me last night and asked me to bring these to our Thanksgiving feast! Serendipity!

6. November 14, 2015 / 2:38 pm

These sound so easy, yet so delicious. Who doesn’t love bacon?! Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x

7. November 16, 2015 / 5:04 pm

Lindsay, these look amazing! A must for my next book club meeting!

8. November 16, 2015 / 6:20 pm

Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing!

9. November 17, 2015 / 3:43 am

Wow, these look great! I love all the different flavor combinations, I bet its great! Will definitely try!

10. November 17, 2015 / 7:27 am

Sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

11. November 17, 2015 / 10:28 am

Bacon. What else needs to be said? Pinned, shared on Facebook. Best wishes to the Crazy Organized Blog. 🙂

Linda @Crafts a la mode

12. November 17, 2015 / 3:26 pm

Fab twist on a classic, I must give these a whirl! #allaboutyou
    Debbie

13. November 17, 2015 / 3:30 pm

Mmmmhhh, I love those!!! I made them last time but utterly burned them (meaning, I left them too long in the oven). The entire house stunk like burned bacon for days! lol….I have to try to make them again though. Thanks for linking up to my DIY Crush party! I pinned it as well! Can’t wait to see what you will link up Thursday!!

14. November 18, 2015 / 11:23 am

I just love this combination for a fabulous appetizer. Your recipe is awesome, I have pinned it. We really enjoy you sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again soon!
    Miz Helen

15. November 18, 2015 / 3:52 pm

You had me at bacon, but holy cow these little babies sound ah-mazingggg!! Thank you so much for sharing with us on The Creative Circle link party. See you next week!

16. November 20, 2015 / 12:17 pm

I’m loving this appetizer! Of course the bacon doesn’t hurt. 🙂 And I bet the water chestnut adds a wonderful crunch too. You’re featured today on Five Friday Finds! 🙂

17. November 21, 2015 / 6:54 am

These look so good, can’t go wrong with bacon! Thanks for sharing at What’d You Do This Weekend?!

18. November 28, 2015 / 9:17 pm