Make Your Own Sephora Style Mud Mask

It’s always fun buying new beauty products, but not so fun getting the credit card bill at the end of the month, right?? You’re in luck. This mud mask is department store quality that you can make in your kitchen! (No monthly credit card bills to follow 🙂 )

INGREDIENTS

(See photos of all ingredients at the end of the post)

Before you go any further, I know what you’re thinking … man this is a lot of random ingredients, right? Yes, I totally agree. But here’s the scoop: I bought all these ingredients over two years ago and have never used anything else! Plus if you’re in to DIY beauty, you’ll tend to use many of these ingredients and likely to have quite a few of these handy already.

INSTRUCTIONS

Steep 2 chamomile tea bags in about 4 oz of hot water and let sit for a couple minutes.

Microwave coconut oil in to a liquid (roughly 1 min).

In a glass bowl, mix all ingredients except tea. When opening up the charcoal capsules, make sure to have paper towel underneath as it can get dirty! (your hands will also get dirty, but it washes off easily with soap)

Slowly add the tea and continue to whisk until all mixed. At first the mixture will appear rather liquidy, but continue mixing for roughly 60 seconds. You’ll see the mixture change from black to a dark gray. Continue mixing until smooth & even color, removing all lumps.

Don't pay big bucks for an ounce of beauty product, make your own HIGH quality copy cat mud mask with this easy to follow tutorial!You can use immediately, but remember its a little warm from the tea. It stores in the fridge, covered, for up to a month. I use at least once a week, washing off my face after 10 minutes (or as it starts to dry).

These make great Christmas gifts or even bachelorette party gifts!

For gifts I poured in to left over feta cheese containers (I LOVE cheese), add a label and ribbon! It makes a totally adorable and practical gift!

Cheers to small pores and great gifts!

Here’s the photo list of all ingredients to make your shopping a little easier!

Click on any of the photos for more information on the product

This post was featured in: Our Mini!

Some of the links in this list are affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any extra, but I earn a little commission if you decide to purchase. Regardless of whether or not I receive a commission, I only recommend products that I personally use and genuinely recommend!

1. November 16, 2015 / 11:20 am

Hi Lindsay,
    I bet this mask is really good for your skin!
    I hope you can join us this week at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J and share this with us.
    Thanks.
    Julie
    Julie’s Lifestyle

2. November 17, 2015 / 8:25 am

I totally need to try this!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

3. November 17, 2015 / 6:28 pm

I love clay and mud masks. I bet the charcoal is a great detoxifier for your skin. Pinned:)

4. November 17, 2015 / 7:39 pm

I have all these except the clay but I’ve been looking into buying some for a while now, I just need to bite the bullet and go for it! Can’t wait to try it 🙂

5. November 18, 2015 / 12:57 pm

Wow…another great use for essential oils! Coming to you from #WomenWithIntentionWednesdays!

6. November 20, 2015 / 6:09 pm

What an awesome gift idea, as part of a pampering gift basket! I’ve pinned it

7. Sissy
    November 21, 2015 / 10:15 am

This looks great! I have activated charcoal powder (not in capsules). Do you think about 1/2 tsp would be equivalent to 10 capsules?

8. November 21, 2015 / 4:54 pm

I love peppermint! It’s so energizing, yet relaxing at the same time. Is that even possible? Lol! I think so!

This sounds like it’d be terrific for your skin! Plus, saving money on expensive facial products is always a plus! #busydoinglife

9. November 23, 2015 / 1:02 pm

Someday I will make a homemade mask. This looks like something I might try. Thank you.

10. November 23, 2015 / 3:05 pm

Genius! I’m intrigued about where to get most of these ingredients, but that’s what the internet is for! Pinning! Thanks for linking to the #AllAboutYou party

November 29, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Honestly, I bought most on Amazon because I had NO idea where to find them 🙂

11. November 24, 2015 / 3:18 pm

Great recipe for the face!! Love your little DIY label for your containers too. Too cute. Thank you for stopping by LTM and linking up to SWM. I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round of #sharewithme

12. November 26, 2015 / 11:29 am

This sounds great. Lovely homemade present. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

13. November 27, 2015 / 8:33 am

I definitely need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

14. November 28, 2015 / 2:34 pm

You are such a talented lady. Well done! One day I WILL make something you shared on your blog. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x

15. November 30, 2015 / 2:27 pm

I love homemade face masks, and especially love anything that contains activated charcoal. Can’t wait to try this! Thanks for linking up to This is How We Roll linky party!

16. December 2, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Sounds like a at home spa day to me!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again tomorrow!! Pinned!

17. Lizzy
    March 17, 2016 / 1:09 pm

Hi! I’m thinking about making this for a bachelorette party to wear and for the guests to take home! How many “servings” can you get out of this recipe that you have? Thanks!

March 20, 2016 / 10:49 pm

Awesome! It will be so fun for a bachelorette party! I was able to get roughly 12 ‘servings’ from one batch. It’s pretty think (which is great) so a little goes a long way! Hope you guys have a great time at the bachelorette party!

18. Sarah Cathey
    July 24, 2016 / 1:51 pm

How long does it keep out of the fridge, like if I were to make and ship it to someone?

July 27, 2016 / 10:00 am

Hey! I’ve actually kept my out of the fridge for 4 days (by accident) and the consistency was totally fine! I’m not sure how it would last longer than that, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t impact it much!